The history of
In 1970, the Illertal Heimatdienst purchased the Gromerhof, along with 5,500m² of land, from the farmer Donatus Gromer. The Illertal Heimatdienst worked on renovating and expanding the Gromerhof from 1971 to 1976. The exterior of the “Gromerhof”, which was mentioned in documents as early as 1373, was restored to its former glory.
1976 saw the inauguration of the “Brotzeitstüble” that had been built within the Gromerhof. The newly converted Gromerhof officially opened its doors on Sunday, September 12, 1976. From 1989 to 1990, the Gromerhof was renovated once again, and has remained the same ever since.